B.Oyungerel: A concert to showcase the skill of Mongolian musicians

Concertmaster, pianist B.Oyungerel, from the Mongolian Culture and Arts University, will perform a “Grand Evening of Piano” with Chinese pianist Li Guo Chao on April 24th at the State Academy Theatre of Opera and Ballet. Below is an interview with pianist B.Oyungerel.

-Please introduce yourself to our readers.

-I studied at the Music and Dance College from 1990 to 2002 and graduated from the piano class of the Mongolian Culture and Arts University in 2008. My teacher is State Honored Artist, professor T.Tsolmon.

After I graduated I worked in my major in Bugat and Khukh city, Inner Mongolia. Four years ago I arrived in Mongolia to study for my Masters Degree and to work as concertmaster teacher in the singing department. In 2009 I took part in the 7th International Pianist Competition in Eusko, Spain, and prepared for the competition with pianist S.Sayantsetseg. Since then, I am always training with my senior and teacher S.Sayantsetseg.

-You have performed two concerts before. What is different about this year’s concert?

-In 2007 I performed the “Grand Evening of Piano” concert with the symphony orchestra of the State Academic Theatre of Opera and Ballet, and in 2008 with the symphony orchestra of the State Philharmonics. I played with violinist Bekhbat and State Honored Artist S.Munguntsetseg.

-Tell us about pianist Li Guo Chao?

-She is also a student of my teacher Sayantsetseg. She has been playing the piano since 1999. Li goes to Spain one or two times a year to play with our teacher Saya. In every competition she takes part in, Li always wins. She is soon to graduate from the German Music Institute with a Masters Degree with 100 percent scholarship. Saya is like family to her. Li says “I’m happy that Saya loves me as her child and I’m proud of her.”

-Why did you decide to perform a collaborative concert?

-That was my teacher’s initiative. Saya plans to arrive and live in Mongolia from September. She says “I have worked for many years in a foreign country. I graduated from Tchaikovsky University with my mother country’s support. So I wish to use my education to increase the potential of my country.” The concert is her first step in that direction. Li has arrived in Mongolia and we are beginning our preparations.

-The collaborative concert will show Li and your skills. How about your preparation?

-The biggest factor of the concert is that we have invited foreign musicians. We will play Mongolian and foreign classic and contemporary compositions. Our teacher, Saya, will host the concert. We will use the concert to showcase how skilled Mongolian musicians are.

-What should musicians do in order to develop Mongolian classic art?

-I always try to contribute my support to Mongolian classic art. My teacher and I are contemplating hosting an international classic art concert in our country. Saya will host the International Piano Competition for its ninth year in Eusko, Spain, due to the support of the Spanish government. The competition is becoming more professional year on year, and participants from Germany, Russia, China and Korea are taking part. My teacher also hosts the International Music Festival in its third year.

-How do you feel when you are playing the piano?

-When playing before many people, to see that the audience is listening seriously and to hear their applause, makes me happy. My major is so great. In the first year of the Music and Dance College 35 students enter but only seven or eight students graduate from the school. This means the art of music needs us to be tolerant and accomplished. I will realize more in order to perform better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog